News & Updates
- Next screening at for LOST TOWN— July 30 at the Avon Theatre, Stamford, CT!… fb.me/39BEfWCp5 4 days ago
- Nice press coverage of the Seattle screening!
- Thanks to Betty Gold and Phyllis Grossman and to all of those who came out last week to watch LOST TOWN in… fb.me/32Knt2n6Q 19 days ago
- The Avon .:. Theatre Film Center (Stamford, CT) fb.me/6RVjVHCOR 26 days ago
- fb.me/3hACfssnZ 43 days ago
- LOST TOWN will be playing at eh 34th. IAJGS International Conference for Jewish Genealogy, Salt Lake City on July… fb.me/35RjSahjr 57 days ago
- Thank you to the 400+ people who came out to see LOST TOWN at The Avalon Theater this week! …and I thank you… fb.me/1nQ64f35v 71 days ago
- Lost Town – The Avalon Theatre: A Nonprofit Film Center in Washington, DC fb.me/1jyBkx9DY 75 days ago
- Lost Town – The Avalon Theatre: A Nonprofit Film Center in Washington, DC fb.me/1putr5P0n 87 days ago
- Thank you to Temple Beth Am and all of the wonderful people who came out to commemorate Yom Hashoah with a… fb.me/2QK5KCROj 88 days ago
About Lost Town
'Lost Town' tells the story of one man's obsessive search to get closer to his deceased father by uncovering the story of his family's town of Trochenbrod. First made famous by Jonathan Safran Foer's 'Everything Is Illuminated', Trochenbrod was the only all-Jewish town to ever exist outside of Palestine. Trochenbrod's 5,000 Jews were obliterated by the Nazis, except for 33 townspeople who escaped the massacre there. This personal search triggers a resurgence of interest in the town and reconnects the few remaining survivors who hadn't seen each other in over 60 years.
'Lost Town' utilizes contemporary documentary footage, original animation, and survivor testimonials to tell the story of how far one will go to claim their sense of identity.
'Lost Town' was produced under fiscal sponsorship of the Foundation For Jewish Culture and supported by George Lucas’ Skywalker Studios.